Sometimes the BEST meals come from “cleaning out your fridge”!
That’s pretty much what this dish was all about.
I still had some left over sausage and peppers from the other night and it seems we always have some left over cooked chicken kickin around so that was the base for how this dish evolved.
I started with a hot deep skillet and then added:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- one large onion ( of your choice) coarsely sliced or chopped
- 4 -5 gloves fresh chopped garlic
Let those cook up awhile and get to know each other. Then add:
- left over sausage and peppers
- left over cooked chicken ( cubed up)
- any other interesting left overs ( I had about a 1/4 of caramelized onions for some reason)
Heat those through so that everything is nice and warm then add:
- about a cup of heavy cream
Now if you are a…
View original post 204 more words