Here is another quick mid-week easy dinner for you!
Here’s what you will need:
- skinless boneless chicken in bite size bits
- asparagus cut into 1 inch bits
- pasta of your choice ( rotini or penne work best for this)
For the sauce:
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1 inch fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy or Bragg sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil ( or other neutral oil)
- 2 tbsp tahini ( sesame paste)
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup or agave syrup
- 1 tsp crushed chili ( more if you like)
- 1/4 cup of water or stock
Then I whizzed it up in the mini hand blender. If you don’t have a blender make sure you mince the garlic and ginger SUPER fine!
So boil the water for the pasta.
In a large skillet saute the chicken parts in a bit of oil.
Cook thoroughly, because this is the only time it is being cooked. Once the chicken is done add the asparagus and about 1/4 of the sauce, just enough to coat the chicken and asparagus and help steam it a bit. Put on the lid.
Meanwhile, boil and drain the pasta.
Then toss pasta into pan with chicken and asparagus and the rest of the sauce. Toss well and let it all heat up nicely.
Serve immediately topped with toasted sesame seeds and some chopped green onion if you have it.