Ever have those nights when you come home and don’t really feel like getting into a whole “making dinner” type scenario, or you’re home alone and just need something fast? Well this might help.
This dish is actually one of my favorites because it’s so easy and helps clean up left overs or things that need used in the fridge.
Start by cooking up a pot of your favorite, or what’s available pasta. I find the most satisfying for this dish is something like a rigatoni, penne or rotini.
Drain the pasta and let sit in the colander.
In the same pot that you cooked the pasta in, add:
- 1 – 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 – 2 minced cloves of garlic
- cooked chicken breast per person chopped into bite size bits
or you could use some cooked sausage, or shrimp or whatever other left over you might have. OR you could add nice chunks of Portobello mushrooms as the vegetarian option.
Once all of those have heated, add the pasta back in, turn off the heat and mix the pasta till it is nice and coated. Then transfer the whole pot to a large serving bowl.
Then top with:
Tonight I used:
- 1 half of a ripe avocado cut in cubes
- 1/2 toasted walnut pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- the juice of half a lemon
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- fresh ground salt and pepper to taste
Toss that all up and then the last thing to add is:
- 1/2 cup lightly chopped arugula ( but you could use spinach or parsley) whatever you have
- And an optional grating or two of parmesan cheese.
Than there you have it. Quick simple pasta supper.
Use your imagination and use whatever works for you. This dish can be different every time!