You can only IMAGINE my surprise when I learned that my little blog had been nominated for a Liebster Blog Award!!
Here I was, minding my own business, as I often do, when I was THRILLED to find out that someone liked my blog enough to nominate me!
So as far as I can understand the “rules of engagement” when being nominated for the Liebster Blog Award, the nominee is then to go on and perform the following tasks in order to quality:
First is to THANK those who nominated you.
So my sincere thanks goes out to Tiny Kitchen Stories for taking the time to bestow me with this honour! She has a delightful blog full of recipes and funny stories that revolve around the trials and tribulations of a “tiny kitchen”. Lots of fun!
The second rule, is to tell people seven things about me! This one could be hard, but I want to play by the rules!!
- I LOVE peanut butter! I would main line it right into my veins if there were a way! Ever since I was a kid I have loved and lived on PB! Once while in nutrition school we learned that peanuts often have a low-grade mould in them that can often give people health issues that they would never suspect came from the peanuts. So for one year I ate NO peanut!! One of the hardest things I have ever done! But I am happy to report…..it made absolutely NO difference at all!!
- I don’t like and won’t eat cooked carrots!! Sure I’m fine hiding them in a soup or sauce or whatever and am happy to eat them raw, but cooked carrots on the plate beside your roast chicken or whatever…..will NEVER happen. I would rather eat the dirt they came from!! I was tortured with them as a child and would do anything to get out of eating them. Including hiding them under the plate or in my pocket, or stuffing my mouth with them and asking to be excused where I would go spit them out! Those were some tough times!
- As I have mentioned many a time in my blog, I am allergic to shellfish. It makes me very sad because I wasn’t always allergic, it just came on during my 20′s so my years of lobster and scampi loving were over. And it makes me particularly sad because I have to avoid most Asian style restaurants because of all the use of shrimp and fish sauce!
- I have never been camping! I know, I know! Seems so un-Canadian! I think that it could be for one of two reasons. a) the fact that I already grew up in the country beside a river with plenty of space and trees and could pitch a tent in the back yard any old time. b) They sent me away to Girl Guide camp when I was ten and it was more like wilderness survival training than nice summer camp so I think I’d had my fill by then! HOWEVER I am very intrigued by camping FOOD! The best salmon I ever had was one done in tin foil tossed in the smoldering embers of a charcoal bar b que. And I’ve always loved a marshmallow on a stick!!
- I really really love road trips. But I’ll admit, I enjoy the beautiful scenery as much as the next guy, but truly, it’s all about the food! I could give Guy Fieri a run for his money as to who has been to more “Diners, Drive-ins and Dives” ( emphasis on the Dives).
- I really miss living in Montreal because of the food. It seems that even the fast food there was top-notch!
- I am married to an Executive Chef. Imagine, if you will a “mixed” marriage where we are constantly working on a delicate balance between “What tastes good” and “What’s good for you“!
And then the final task, which I admit is the hardest, because it is impossible to narrow it down! I am to nominate MY seven favorite blogs for the Liebster Blog Award.
The only way I could come up with a solution was to put all my favorite blogs in a hat and share with you the first seven that I pulled! It truly is so hard to decide. But here goes, in no particular order:
- Movita Beaucoup
- Frugal Feeding
- Sods Law
- Cheap Ethnic Eatz
- The Southern Vegan
- Ground to Ground
- The Soulsby Farm
I strongly suggest that you check out each of these fine fine blogs and continue to support the efforts of all the little bloggers all over the world just trying to share a little something with you!
Happy blogging to you all!!